Lalazar Meadows is a scenic plateau located in the Kaghan Valley of Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. It is situated at an altitude of 10,499 feet (3,200 meters) above sea level, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
How to get to Lalazar Meadows?
Here’s how you can get to Lalazar Meadows:
- By road: The most common and convenient way to get to Lalazar Meadows is by road. You can take a private car, taxi, or public transport from Islamabad or Mansehra to reach Naran. From Naran, you can hire a jeep or take local transport to reach Lalazar Meadows. The road to Lalazar is steep and bumpy, so it’s better to hire a jeep with a local driver who is familiar with the road conditions.
- By air: The nearest airport to Lalazar Meadows is Islamabad International Airport. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Mansehra, and then proceed to Naran by road.
- By train: The nearest railway station to Naran is the Havelian railway station, which is located approximately 80 km away. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Naran, and then proceed to Lalazar Meadows.
Where to stay at Lalazar Meadows?
There are various options available for accommodation at Lalazar Meadows. Visitors can choose to camp at the meadows or opt for the guest houses and lodges located nearby. Some of the popular options for accommodation include:
- Lalazar Hotel & Restaurant: This is a budget-friendly option located in Naran. It is situated about 22 km away from Lalazar Meadows and provides basic amenities such as comfortable rooms, attached bathrooms, and an on-site restaurant.
- Pine Park Lodges: Located near the meadows, Pine Park Lodges offer comfortable rooms with scenic views of the surrounding mountains. The lodges also have a restaurant and an outdoor seating area where guests can relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
- Royal Pine Resorts: Situated in Naran, Royal Pine Resorts offer spacious rooms with modern amenities such as flat-screen TVs and attached bathrooms. The resort also features an on-site restaurant and a garden where guests can unwind.
- Camping: Camping is a popular option among visitors to Lalazar Meadows. There are designated camping areas where visitors can pitch their tents and enjoy the natural surroundings. However, visitors should bring their own camping gear and supplies.
It is advisable to book accommodation in advance, especially during the peak season, as availability may be limited.
Things to do at Lalazar Meadows
Here are some of the things you can do at Lalazar Meadows:
- Trekking: Lalazar Meadows is a popular destination for trekking enthusiasts. There are several trekking routes that offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Camping: The meadows are an ideal location for camping. Visitors can pitch their tents and enjoy the beautiful scenery while sitting around a bonfire and stargazing.
- Sightseeing: There are several nearby attractions to visit, such as the Lake Saif-ul-Muluk, the Naran Valley, and the Babusar Pass.
- Relaxation: Lalazar Meadows is an ideal place to unwind and relax, away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll, read a book, or simply soak in the natural beauty.
- Horse riding: Visitors can rent horses and take a ride through the meadows, enjoying the scenery and fresh mountain air.
Best time to visit Lalazar Meadows
The best time to visit Lalazar Meadows is during the summer months of May to September. During this time, the weather is mild and pleasant with temperatures ranging between 15-25°C. The meadows are in full bloom, with vibrant colors of wildflowers such as bluebells, daisies, and buttercups.
It is important to note that the road leading to Lalazar Meadows is closed during the winter months due to heavy snowfall, making it inaccessible. Therefore, it is best to plan your trip to Lalazar Meadows during the summer season.
Lalazar Meadows offers a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of city life, with their serene and peaceful atmosphere, stunning natural beauty, and diverse flora and fauna. Whether you are a nature lover, a hiking enthusiast, or simply looking for a break from the stresses of daily life, a visit to Lalazar Meadows is sure to leave you rejuvenated and refreshed.
Top 10 Best Hiking Trails in Pakistan
Is Pakistan Safe to Visit – An Overview
The Majestic 8000-Meter Peaks of Pakistan
Siri Paye Meadows – Nature’s Adventure Haven
Discovering The Enchantment of Fairy Meadows
Exploring Top 7 Pakistan’s Famous Mountain Passes
Travel Tips For First Time Travelers to Northern Pakistan
K2 – Conquering the Second Highest Peak in the World
What Foreign Tourists Think About Pakistan – An Overview
Exploring The Top 5 Breathtaking Meadows of Pakistan
Tourism in Pakistan – A Journey Through the Land of Beauty
7 Essential Things You Should Know Before Traveling to Pakistan
Rama Meadows – A Hidden Paradise in Pakistan’s Astore Valley
Deosai Plains – An Enchanting Journey through the Land of Giants
Leave A Reply